Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Precious Hanna got to be held in the arms of Jesus early Friday. My heart is broken. My prayers are consumed with intercessions for the Willinghams to receive comfort. I know that He is near the broken hearted and saves the crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18). In Matthew 5:4 it says, Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. I know God intends this for good and for His glory, and I praise Him for that in the midst of the pain. I know I can rejoice in the fact that Hanna is in Heaven laughing and playing and praising Jesus with her big sister. She is no longer in pain, and she can move freely and she can breathe easily, and it is comforting to know that. In times like these, all I can do is know that God is God, and He is loving and merciful and kind and He is sovereign. All I can do is praise Him for this, and know that He has a plan and that this will in some way bring glory to His name. I am thankful for the time that Hanna was in this world, and all the time I got to spend with her and love on her. God blessed me so immensely in knowing her. And although my heart breaks, all I know to do is be thankful and rejoice in the character of God. He is worthy to be praised in all circumstances.

The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. Job 1:21






No comments:

Post a Comment